Friday, July 10, 2015

Departing YVR

Well after a tearful goodbye to my little guys (and my big guy) I was dropped off at YVR. I checked in, cleared security and started to wander around the International Departures terminal. It dawned on me that I usually connect through Toronto, or fly out of the U.S. departures terminal, and I haven't been over to this side in a really really long time! I treated myself to breakfast at Milestones, bought Tina Fey's book at the newsstand, topped up my travel insurance policy (I'm covered for 8 day trips annually, but had to purchase my extra 3 days,) checked out the big fish tank, and got a cartoon drawn of myself riding a bear. The cartoonist is here every Friday, and is hilarious, and free! He's paid by YVR for their Fly Away Friday promos, along with different discounts on lounge fees and sales at the duty free shop. Apparently YVR is the place to be on a Friday!
                

No comments:

Post a Comment